“In the face of a world that gradually values only economic efficiency at the cost of artistic education and knowledge, a project like this is the exact and right thing to do. From the ground up, to keep alive and transmit this beautiful gift that music is where it is most needed.”
The Piano School of New York City is a Nonprofit Organization
Established in 2001 with the purpose of reaching children at local schools, Piano School of New York City (PSNYC) started its piano and music lesson programming in Harlem and the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
Inspired by successful results of piano and music group classes at schools in that area, piano and music classes quickly spread around town to Brooklyn, Queens, New Jersey, Rockland County, and Westchester. PSNYC creates incredible personal growth opportunities for all children and adults through first-class music education offering piano lessons and much much more.
We are a group of passionate and highly-trained musicians based in the New York Metropolitan Area who want to inspire, build confidence, and shape the intellect of children and adults by providing a number of opportunities such as:
- In-person one-to-one classes in piano performance
- Online classes in piano performance and music theory
- After school enrichment arts programs for children
- Art related classes from affiliates non-profit institutions
- Master class seminars with popular musicians from all over the world who are enthusiast supporters of PSNYC
- Music appreciation classes for children with disabilities
- Music scholarships to children from low-income families
- Piano lessons for students of all ages
- Benefit concerts in New York to support the causes that we believe in
Our values and passion lead our work. Our goal is to create change
- Personalized small-group classes in piano performance, music theory, and music history
and add value by the power of music and the arts.